Wednesday, April 28, 2004

While I have certainly been enjoying my time here in prison, it has not been without its difficulties. Indeed, sometimes conditions can be downright harsh. For example, I have already complained to the the Red Cross about the lack of a DVD and big screen plasma TV. I have been assured that a home, er, "cellblock" entertainment system is on the way. And when it finally arrives, it better not be a piece of crap low budget thing from the local Costco. I want--and deserve--a top of the line Sony or Harmon Kardon.

But on the positive side, I do have medical coverage now. This is important, since my right knee has been bothering me lately. Nothing too serious, though. Just an old war injury I aggravated the last time the Dixie Chicks paid me a conjugal visit. And quite frankly, all this climbing up and down through the ceiling tiles isn't helping either.

The problem, however, is that I have to fork over a $15.00 copayment every time I see the doctor..... And why is it that they're all foreigners now?

Fifteen bucks may not seem like a lot, but when one doesn't have a steady source of income, it can be a problem.

That's why I've decided to take a job in the prison bakery.