Saturday, October 29, 2005

Wonderful news out of the United States! Vice President Cheney's top aid, Lewis Libby, was indicted yesterday on charges of perjury. Libby lied under oath and deliberately tried to mislead investigators who were looking into the leaking of a CIA agent's name. This agent--whose name I won't mention here because I don't want to get myself in trouble... well, more trouble than I'm already in--is married to Joe Wilson. Wilson, you may recall, was the guy who went to Niger to investigate those claims that I had been buying yellow cake uranium. When he decided that the whole thing was a scam, he went public with his doubts, thereby embarrassing the President.

So this whole thing gets down to the trumped up reasons for attacking Iraq, and the efforts by Bush's people to get revenge against anyone who dared question the Administration.

And I'm the one who's on trial!?!? Give me a break!