Monday, March 31, 2003

NBC has fired Peter Arnett for his comments on Iraqi TV. What a shame. He was only telling the truth. Isn't that what a journalist is supposed to do?

Petey and I are good friends. He came by the bunker just last week. And he's such a nice guy! He complimented Uday on his appearance, telling my son he looked good for someone who's been dead a week.

Afterwards the three of us went out for pizza. NBC may not know this, but Petey charged it to his corporate American Express card. Bet the bigwigs in New York are going to be MAJORLY pissed when they find out they paid for my dinner!!

Overall the tab really wasn't that much, since Uday didn't seem to have much of an appetite. He just sat there.

Good thing we left the restaurant when we did. It wasn't even ten minutes when a Tomahawk leveled the entire block.

Anyway, I spoke to Petey a little while ago. He's applying for a job at Al-Jazeera.

I'm writing his letter of recommendation.