Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I have finally finished reading a VERY informative article from the Washington Post. Took me a while to get through it since it is rather lengthy, and I'm having to move every ten minutes or so. Seems like just about the time I find where I left off, it's time to pack up again! Let me tell you, it's a major pain in the tuckus. Plus with this infernal prostate problem of mine, it takes half an hour just to take a piss.



Moving every ten minutes.... Half an hour to piss.... Do the math on that little dilemma, and I think you'll see why I've been so damn cranky lately. I just hope the Americans don't figure out what that little wet trail in the sand is....



Anyway, back to the Post article: It seems that this entire little debacle the Americans find themselves stuck in can be traced back to a guy named "Joe" from the Central Idiot Agency. He's the one who really pushed the idea that those aluminum tubes were intended to be used as centrifuges for the processing of uranium.



As Allah is my witness: I don't even know what a centrifuge is!!! Is it something like a merry-go-round, with those cutely dressed camels that go up and down on the poles in a vaguely sexually suggestive manner? I swear those tubes were to be used in Falujah in a large scale capital improvement project to install water mains. But now that's not going to happen, which explains why every one there hates the Americans.



Well, okay, they were for water mains AND just maybe for a rocket or two.... hundred. But with good old-fashinoned conventional explosive warheads!! I could have those, right?



But even when ALL the other hundreds of thousands of experts said those tubes were NOT suitable for use as merry-go-rounds, this "Joe" guy kept insisting that they were!! His was a lone voice in the desert!



So who do Powell, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Wolfowitz, and the other seven members of the Triumvirate of Evil decide to listen to? The hundreds of thousands of experts who are experts in the area of nuclear weapons, or "Joe," who was probably a janitor at the CIA? Well, "Joe," of course, because he was the only one saying what everyone else wanted to hear.



There is something very seriously wrong with a government that can not tolerate dissent.



Why are you snickering?