Friday, August 29, 2003

There are disturbing reports that the wreckage of the Titanic is rapidly disintegrating. Well, why doesn't the United just go rebuild it? After all, they're doing such a fabulous job with Iraq!!

That reminds me.... I haven't watched the movie Titanic in over a year now. Maybe I'll do that tonight, but only if I'm alone. I always end up crying at the end, and I don't want people to see that. But really, if you think about it, why does Jack have to die? He and Rose were so very much in love, and then, to have that beautiful love torn asunder.... I don't even like to think about it, it's so horribly tragic. Such a meaningless waste of human life.

When I take over the United States, I'm going to have James Cameron redo the end of the movie, to make it more dramatic and less sappy.

Here's one possible new ending: After the ship sinks, Jack can rescue Rose from a vicious shark attack. Then they'll make mad, passionate love in the water, with all the other dead bodies floating around.

What can I say? I'm just a hopeless romantic!