Tuesday, September 09, 2003

You know what one of my favorite movies is? Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I really can't explain why, especially since it's about unwashed infidels spreading Christianity. But I'm Saddam Hussein, so it's not like I have to explain myself to you. I like the movie; accept that I like the movie; deal with the fact that I like the movie. If this is still a problem, I suggest you get a job parking cars at the new UN headquarters in Baghdad.

Anyway, there's this one scene where King Arthur confronts a knight dressed in black guarding a bridge. There's a dramatic sword fight, and the King chops off one of the knight's arms. Blood spurts from the severed stump.

The knight refuses to concede defeat.

The sword fight resumes, with more fancy moves and dramatic music. Finally, the king severes one of the knight's legs.

Now hopping around on one leg, with one arm lying on the ground, the knight refuses to concede defeat.

More sword fighting ensues, until Arthur chops off the remaing arm.

Still the knight refuses to concede defeat. He continues to taunt King Arthur, who might add is exhibitting remarkable patience by now bringing out his weapons of mass destruction.

For some reason, I feel like I'm King Arthur.





----------Tony Auth, Philadelphia Inquirer