Sunday, June 20, 2004

The sad fact is that most major media outlets supported the unlawful invasion of my country. One by one, however, they are admitting they were wrong. The latest to do so is that hotbed of liberalism, the New Republic. Quite frankly, I was stunned two years ago when they supported Bush. Now they're crawling back to me, with their tails between their legs, begging forgiveness.

Both the Washington Post and the New York Times have recently recanted their support. And CNN's Tucker Carlson last week went as far as to say "I am embarrassed that I supported the war in Iraq." Nicely put, Tucker. And I have a few suggestions as to where you can put that stupid bow tie you're always wearing.

But this is neither the time nor place for a proctology lesson.

The question I am now faced with is, are these reversals of opinion genuine and heartfelt? Or are these people merely weasels, who are only now beginning to see the handwriting on the wall? Desperation can make a man say things he doesn't really mean. On the other hand, I love anyone who falls to his knees before me and begs for his life, soiling their pants in the process.