Thursday, August 12, 2004

I continue to be vexed by the Bush Administration's double standards. For example, you remember how he branded my humble little peace-loving paradise of a nation as a "rogue state," and used that as a justification to launch his surprise attack, of which I had absolutely no warning? Just what is a "rogue state," anyway? A country that doesn't quite fit into international standards of normal behavior? And who's to say that Iraq wasn't merely an "eccentric state," a kind of nation-sized version of your eccentric uncle Fred, who likes hanging out at playgrounds in his trenchcoat? And what about Han Solo? Wasn't he a "lovable rogue?" How come Bush isn't condemning him? And if Han really is as tough as he pretends to be, how come he isn't kicking George Lucas' ass for destroying the Star Wars franchise with those last two sequels, or prequels, or whatever the hell they're called?

Now you may be wondering where I'm going with this. Go ahead, raise your hands if you think ol' Saddam has finally cracked..... WOW!!! There's a lot of you, isn't there? Well, let me just jot down your IP addresses, and I'll be over to pay you a visit as soon as I'm outta here.

Anyway, the reason I raise this issue is that I just came across this article about rogue waves that can threaten international shipping. These are 100 foot tall monster walls of water that can occur either during storms, or even in calm seas, and swamp a ship. Satellite imagery has demonstrated that these are a REAL threat, as opposed to the make believe fantasy threat that I posed to the world!!

So why isn't Bush out there bombing the damn ocean?