Friday, October 01, 2004

Did you watch the debate between Bush and Carrie? Oh, how I love being the center of attention!!!! Reminds me of some of the parties I used to throw. Of course, at them I was the center of attention for a different reason: The guests' lives depended on it! And may Allah the merciful have mercy on the souls of those who failed to RSVP in a timely fashion....

Which brings me to my next point, which really wasn't going to be a point at all, but now that I mention it, will be a point, though not the major point, of today's entry: What's wrong with people nowadays? If someone sends you a fancy-schmancy invitation to a lavish party, or a bar mitzvah (though I personally never got a whole lot of those), or a wedding, or a public execution, and they ask you for an RSVP, please take a few minutes to respond. Otherwise, how is that person supposed to know how many people to prepare for? It's the polite thing to do.

Unless you happen to be a despot like me, of course. Then you can show up at parties uninvited any damn time you feel like it.

Now back to my orginal point: That Carrie guy certainly has my vote! Did you see him running rhetorical circles around Bush last night? I thought he made some very good points, but feel free disagree with me if you want. Just keep in mind that it will be the last opinion you ever have.