Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Excuse me for not posting for the last couple of days, but I had to break into the General's liquor cabinet. Getting roaring drunk was the only way I could cope with Bush's re-election. But alas, the Jack Daniels is all gone, and I find myself sober once again.

Damn.

Anyway, as you have no doubt heard, the Americans have launched their long anticipated assualt on Fallujah. I'm sure the fact that it will long and bloody with many casualties on both sides had nothing to do with the decision to delay it until after the US elections.

And what will this accomplish? Aside from pissing everyone off and creating even more terrorists? Well, probably not much. The insurgents will only pop up somewhere else in Iraq.

In one early development I find quite interesting, that wacko Shiite cleric, Moqtada al-Sadr, urged the Iraqi soldiers involved in the assault not to fight. Can you imagine that? A Shiite defending Sunnis!?!?! Seeing such an exhibition of unity brings a tear to my eye!