Wednesday, January 26, 2005

First, let me apologize for not posting for the last several days. I had the flu, and I blame the stupid Americans for it. It seems they didn't have enough vaccine to go around! Can you believe it? The richest country in the world running out of flu shots?!?! And I had to pay the price for their incompetence!! Anyway, obviously I couldn't be crawling through the ceiling to the general's office while coughing and sneezing and hocking up mouthfuls of phlegm. Someone might have heard me.

Now, onto more important matters...As you have no doubt heard, Condoleezza Rice's nomination for Secretary of State is starting to run into some serious opposition. Democrats are questioning if she can be a truly independent representative of the United States, or if she is blindly beholden to the President.

The strongest words against Rice have come from California's (obviously a blue state) Barbara Boxer, who has repeatedly accused Rice of lying and misleading the American people. In response, the Secretary of State nominee said she didn't appreciate anyone "impugning my credibility or my integrity."

Needless to say, I briefly held out hopes for a good old fashioned catfight, but it was not to be.

I don't think anyone is trying to impugne her credibility and/or integrity. The real problem is that she has neither credibility nor integrity to begin with!! If one does not posses certain qualities, those qualities can not be impugned! Am I right, or as usual, am I right?

You're damn right I'm right!

One more point: I don't know what kind of dental benefit plan Rice has, but she needs to seriously see about getting a new orthodontist.