Sunday, August 28, 2005

Charges have been dropped against the Raging Grannies.

Who are they, Saddam? And can we have your autograph?

Thank you for asking. The Raging Grannies are a group of five grandmothers in Tucson who have been protesting the war against Iraq. Last month they went into a military recruitment center and tried to enlist. They wanted to come here to Iraq and fight so their family members could go home. The recruiters, however, decided to call the police and have the old ladies charged with trespassing.

The women should consider themselves fortunate. They could have ended up in the prison at Guantanamo Bay, in which case they'd STILL be waiting to be charged with a crime.

Oh, and as far as my autograph is concerned: The answer is no. While I am flattered by your request, I am also aware of the value of my signature among collectors and don't want to cheapen its worth. I will, however, be making an appearance at a Star Trek/Deposed Despots convention at the Beirut Hilton next January. I'll be signing 8 X 11 glossies of myself for $40 a pop.

I'll be the bearded guy sitting between William Shatner and Walter Koenig.