Wednesday, August 10, 2005

What's the deal with the American intelligence services? Not only did they come up with the harebrained idea that I had all kinds of weapons of mass destruction, which of course I didn't since I'm such pacifist. In fact, just between you, me and the law enforcement agencies now monitoring your web surfing because they caught you reading this site, I secretly became a Quaker a few years ago. Why do you think you never saw me running around in those long flowing white dresses like other Arab leaders?

Where was I...? Oh, right, intelligence failures!

Now a Congressman (a type of democratically elected person) says he has uncovered evidence that a secret military intelligence group in the United States learned in 1999 that Mohammad Atta--the Egyptian leader of the 9-11 hijackers--was a member of Al Qaeda. However, they decided NOT to tell the FBI about it. Apparently lawyers at the Pentagon decided that since Atta and his group were in the country legally, there was nothing to warn the FBI about.

That's it. When in doubt, blame the damn lawyers.