Friday, September 16, 2005

I have followed with great interest the developments in the United States with this Katrina thing. First of all, I find it odd the Americans find it necessary to name their hurricanes. What's that about? You never hear about Iraqis naming our sandstorms. Must be some sort of infidel thing.

But specifically, I was most fascinated with this Michael Brown fellow. He was so damn familiar to me, it was driving me nuts! I kept trying to figure out where I knew him from, and then it finally dawned me!! But let me first back up a bit....

Brown was the head of FEMA, which is some sort of collection of bureaucrats whose job it is to get together whenever a major disaster hits the country and sit around with their thumbs up their asses. I can only pray that they used their own thumbs up their own asses. Otherwise.... Well, let's not even think about that.

Brown spoke several times about how everything was completely under control even as CNN showed dead bodies floating by. Then he would say something like "no one predicted the levees would break," even as the newshows were citing various studies over the years that predicted that very thing. Then in several interviews he said he only just then learned of worsening conditions inside the Superdome even though the media had been talking about it for days.

Then it finally dawned on me why I thought I knew him from somewhere: It was like I was watching my Minister of Information, Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf!!!! Remember when Mo denied there were American troops in Baghdad even as they were practically carrying him away from the podium? HAHAHAHA!!!! He was the absolute best at denying the painfully obvious.... Just like Brown.