Wednesday, September 07, 2005

This is how rumors start....

First of all, I did not confess to any crimes or massacres or anything of the sort. I merely, um, "acknowledged" possibly giving strong suggestions to some of my officers by asking if they valued their lives and the lives of their loved one.

Besides, Talabani and I were sitting around during visiting hours and playing a new drinking game. It's called "Huh? What'd He Say?" It's quite fun.

You sit around with your buddies and put on a tape of George Bush talking, making a speech, conducting a press conference, whatever. Whenever he mispronounces a word, you take a drink. If he utters a completely incomprehensible sentence, then you chug the rest of your beer.

Needless to say, the game usually ends pretty quickly.

Anyway, Talabani and I were sitting playing it, and right about the time Bush said "nucular" for the seventh time, we started talking about how annoying those Kurds are. He asked if I had any advice on how to handle them, and I suggested gassing them. "Always worked for me," I said.

And that's the last thing I remember, because then Bush said "There's an old saying in Tennessee--I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee--that says, fool me once, shame on--shame on you. Fool me--you can't get fooled again."

Didn't regain consciousness for three days after that one.