Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days, but I've been laughing my ass off over those Palestinian elections. A couple of days ago it looked like Hamas might pull off a respectable showing, but it turns out they won by a freakin' landslide!! 76 out of a total of 132 seats!!

Hmmmm.... I wonder if that fits Bush's definition of a "mandate."

Of course, now the United States government is voicing its concern over the results. They apparently didn't expect a terrorist organization which has repeatedly called for the destruction of Israel to win!

Personally, I don't see what everyone is complaining about. Bush and Cheney were the ones who kept saying they were going to bring democracy to the middle east. Well, it's working! They should be happy!

I guess this just proves that old adage about "be careful what you wish for."