Wednesday, March 01, 2006

If true, this is a real pisser.

According to the New York Times, Germany supplied the United States with extensive intelligence about my defenses for Baghdad. Germany is denying the allegations, however, so we'll have to see how this story develops.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe. I have always trusted the Germans and have nothing but the utmost respect for them and their fine weiner schnitzel. Stealing secret information about my defenses? That's the kind of backstabbing crap I'd expect from the French, who will collaborate with anyone they're scared of. But the Germans? No, I can't believe that.

On the other hand, it would certainly explain why my forces crumbled so easily when the Americans attacked. I had thought it was because my officers were cowards, and now I almost feel bad that I executed so many of them for running away.