Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Needless to say, a lot of people are going "A-HA!!! We told you so!" after that artillery shell with the Sarin exploded yesterday. They're pointing at that as proof that I had vast stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction.

Oh, puh-leeze!!!!

ONE frikkin' shell? And you're going to use as justification for turning the world upside down? Now that's desperation!

I don't know where that shell--assuming it even really had Sarin in it--came from. It certainly wasn't part of my official, non-existent stockpile! Generally speaking, we don't leave official use type of WMD's just lying around in the middle of the street. I mean, what do you think we are? Barbarians?

In all likelihood, that shell came out of someone's private collection.

What? Do I need to repeat myself? Fine. That's right, I said PRIVATE collection.

You know how in the rest of the world there are adults who collect stamps or coins or dolls... Er, I mean "action figures?" Well, here in Iraq we have a lot of WMD collectors. And on weekends they go to conventions where they buy and trade WMD's, much like geeks in the rest of the world buy and trade comic books.

And that's not really something my government really chose to get involved in. I mean, unlike Republicans in the United States, we Baathists don't want to control what goes on in the privacy of our citizens' bedrooms.