Thursday, June 03, 2004

Central Infidel Agency Director George Tenet has resigned for "personal reasons.

Yeah, sure, personal reasons. I'm sure the fact that he completely blew the analysis about my non-existent weapons of mass destruction had absolutely nothing to do with his resignation.


---------------Bok, Akron Beacon Journal


And if you missed it, President Bush delivered the Commencement Address yesterday at the Air Force Academy in Colorado. It was a pretty good speech, except he still kept insisting that Iraq is part of the War on Terror. That's all fine and well, except for minor detail: There were no terrorists in Iraq until the United States muscled its way in here. Bush also said "Like the Second World War, our present conflict began with a ruthless, surprise attack on the United States."

Unless I'm mistaken, that was a reference to Pearl Harbor, which occurred in December of 1941.

Now I freely admit that I wasn't a history major in college, and I certainly don't have a degree from Yale the way Mr. Bush has, so you'll have to forgive if I'm wrong on this point, BUT it's always been my understanding that WWII began in 1939 with Hitler's invasions of Poland and Czechoslovakia. Oh, and I guess the Battle of Britain in 1940 doesn't count either. And didn't Hitler also invade France in 1940?

I'll bet it was George Tenet who briefed the President on the History of the second world war.