Monday, July 26, 2004

Longtime readers will remember that I have addressed the issue of how George Lucas continues to destroy the Star Wars franchise with those ill conceived sequels of his. Unfortunately, I am currently in no position to do anything about it, except to say that if he screws up the next one, his testicles will be mine.

Um, I mean that in a totally non-sexual way, of course. I don't play both sides of the sand dune, if you catch my drift.

Anyway, it has just been announced that the title of the sixth movie, which is actually only the third movie in the six movie trilogy, will be Revenge of the Sith.

As I recall, the original title for "Return of the Jedi" was "Revenge of the Jedi." However, fans objected, pointing out that the Jedi are a bunch of pansies who would never fall for such a base emotion as revenge. Consequently, the title was changed.

So I find it interesting that Lucas would come up with something like "Revenge of the Sith." On the other hand, I suppose it can be argued that the Sith, since they have already joined the Dark Side, are susceptible to such petty temptations as vengeance. Plus, the Dark Side is believed to posses powerful weapons of mass destruction, and it's up to the Jedi to prevent their use.

Yeah, right. And those stupid Jedi probably also believe they'll be greeted as liberators.


________________________________________________

Previous Star Wars related entries: August 21, 2003 (Entry 1); August 21 (Entry 2); August 27; September 4.
________________________________________________