Monday, August 16, 2004

A number of you have asked me how I feel about the Iraqi soccer team's victory over Portugal the other day.

Let me first say that I'm not much of a sports fan. I'm usually too busy oppressing someone, or hitting on Arab chicks with hairy armpits in bars, or ordering chemical weapon attacks on the Shiites. Um, what I mean is, I WOULD be busy ordering chemical weapon attacks, IF I actually had any, which I don't. Not me. No sirree. Uh-uh. No way.

Although I'm sure the US would love to have some WMD's right about now to help clean up Najaf. But more on that later....


---------------Mike Luckovich, Atlanta Journal Constitution

As far as the motivation of sports teams is concerned, that was always Uday's specialty. He enjoyed hanging around men's lockerrooms, and coaching gave him the perfect excuse.

But as far as this current Iraqi soccer team is concerned, keep in mind that they don't count. They're not the real Iraqi soccer team.

They're merely the puppet Iraqi soccer team.