Sunday, March 12, 2006

Wow! Now I know what it must feel like to be manic-depressive. Yesterday I was openly weeping as I mourned the passing of my good friend and fellow former bloodthirsty tyrant Slobodan Milosevic. Today, on the other hand, I've been positively giddy with glee! In fact, I've been laughing so hard I about peed my pants!

The source of this overwhelming joy in my life is this news item about one of Bush's top aids being arrested. No, no. Unfortunately it wasn't Karl Rove. If THAT had happened, I probably would have literally died laughing and then you wouldn't be reading this blog entry, would you?

It was some guy named Claude A. Allen. He's not someone I had ever heard of before, but Allen was nonetheless Bush's top domestic advisor. That makes him pretty senior in the White House pecking order.

Oh, and what was he arrested for, you ask? Well, THAT'S the best part!!! He was arrested and charged with running some sort of refund scam that swindled two department stores out of $5,000!!

I guess the White House must be getting really, really, REALLY desperate to find ways to pay for the war!!