Monday, June 09, 2003

Many of you no doubt remember Salaam Pax, the Baghdad blogger. I have personally met him several times. Very nice guy. He had to stop blogging for a while during the war after I stole--I mean "permanently borrowed"-- his laptop (I love this keyboard!), but then he started up again a few weeks later. Guess he bought a new computer at CompIRAQ.

Anyway, there was a lot of speculation about whether he was real or the figment of some overzealous New York Times reporter's imagination. And even though I referred to him several times, people continued to doubt that he existed. I really don't understand why. I mean, it's not like I would ever tell a lie, right? I said RIGHT!?!?

That's better.

Here is independent confirmation of Salaam's existence from a reporter at Slate.com. It's actually quite interesting.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go trim my nose hair.