Monday, July 07, 2003

What in the name of all that is good and muslim is THIS?!?! An article in USAToday says that the Bush administration is pushing to resume nuclear testing so that America can develop a new generation of nuclear weapons!!!! Now excuse me if I'm being a little dense here (think carefully before you agree with me), but wasn't the entire justification for invading my peace-loving utopian nation the prevention of ME building nuclear weapons?!?! Why should Bush be allowed to do something I can't? Or Iran or North Korea for that matter? Don't WE deserve nukes, too, or is that a right that's reserved for peace loving democracies?

Watch your step, people. The irony is getting awfully thick in US foreign policy. And this is REAL irony, not that bogus "I can only find a fork when I need a spoon" irony that Alanis Morissette sings about. That's not irony, babe; that's just poor organization of your cutlery drawer.