Saturday, July 02, 2005

I wanted to take a few minutes out of my busy schedule of sitting around in my underwear to tell you about a new DVD that came out a few days ago. It's called Gunner Palace and tells the story of an American brigade stationed in Iraq (Read the review here or click the image to order).

The director of the film, an infidel named Michael Tucker, spent two months with the unit, relaxing with the soldiers and going on patrol with them. The movie seeks to capture their thoughts, emotions, and frustrations during their unit's deployments to Baghdad and Najaf. A portion of each sale goes to help the families of wounded soldiers.

Now some of you may wonder why I'm plugging this film. Well, first off, it's for a good cause. And I certainly wouldn't want any Americans to get stuck here because they don't have enough money for airfare. Secondly, their website linked to me almost a year ago and has since generated a fair amount of traffic in my direction.

Selfish on my part? Well, of course, you ninny! You didn't actually think I'd do anything out of the goodness of my heart, did you?.